ABOUT

I am Dr William Mante, a Medical  Doctor from Ghana,West Africa.
I obtained my MBChB degree from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology ,School of Medical Sciences in 2013.I proceeded to do my mandatory 2 year housemanship/internship and finished in 2015.
After Housemanship , I was at the crossroads.There was a lot of confusion as to the way forward.
I sought advice from some senior colleagues ,obviously times had changed and the opportunities that were easily available in times past were fading .
ALWAYS BEWARE OF NAYSAYERS AND WET BLANKETS, some people will always try to offload their personal negative experiences,disappointments and failures in life on you.Shun such people and rather surround yourself with people who are POSITIVE minded and MOTIVATED. Trust me,you will need this.
I had to explore my options,whether home or abroad .I researched a lot on PLAB,USMLE,GERMANY,CANADA ,amongst others but first I needed a plan .

Luckily for me a friend showed me an advertisement for a medical officer vacancy in a district in the eastern region of Ghana .
I have always had a passion to help the less fortunate in society,so I thought to myself ,this is a huge opportunity: it will give me the opportunity to experience first hand district practice,be able to help the rural folk as well as save up for future endeavours .
I enjoyed my time in the district and gathered a ton of experience ,very different to the way things work In the big cities and tertiary centres.I used my free time to research more about options abroad and by a few months I had settled on taking the PLAB.I therefore took my IELTS in ACCRA,GHANA in November 2015.
I had a job offer with another organization in 2016 which exposed me to the efficient and standard way of doing things - EVIDENCE BASED MEDICINE.This further strengthened my resolve.
I registered for PLAB 1 in November 2016 in the United Kingdom .I took it and passed by Gods grace.
I took  PLAB 2 in June 2017 and PASSed.

People have been very helpful along every step of the way,from giving out exam materials on the PLAB FACEBOOK GROUP,recommending books,hotels to book,atransportation suggestions to mention but a few. It has come with its own challenges and stumbling blocks regardless.
It is only right that i share my experience which i hope will help someone out there and make someone's journey much smoother and easier.
Feel free to ask any question/comment on each post and i will endeavour to respond in the shortest possible time. Thank You.

Comments

  1. Hi Dr Mantey. There has been a lot of naysayers around me who even say one cant specialize in a foreign land. Can you motivate me more and dispel the rumors for me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY IELTS

FINANCES FOR PLAB JOURNEY

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS